First for those who want to know how our girl is doing.....
She is doing wonderfully!!!
Speaking in full sentences.
Making Art work (which we were blessed with pictures of)
And READY to go home!
And don't you agree that she needs a bow in her hair? Cute little bobs demand bows, I think. But at least the orphanage has the adorable tights thing down.
Next, in big news......WE ARE FULLY FUNDED!!!! If you didnt notcie by our thermometer on the right, God provided ABOVE and beyond in perfect timing......from the most unexpected source. Do you want to hear a little snippet that will give you goosebumps? A few weeks back we had to send off a check that would accompany our dossier being submitted to "Andrea's" country. We sent off the check and waited, and waited, and waited........It did not arrive! I called the post office. I called the bank. I called our adoption agency. It was lost, and we could not proceed without it and there was nothing anyone could do for me. Bank said we had to wait 90 days to cancel it, post office didnt have a way to help, and we were just stuck and panicing. So, as God has taught us to do extremely clearly through this adoption, we got on our knees. Surrendered it to Him, again. The next day I recieved a call saying that we had been awarded a grant I had applied for several months back for exactly the amount we needed. Dossier was submitted without a second delay. The check arrived back home several weeks later...in pieces. I guess it got stuck in a sorting machine.
He is so good isn't he?
I am SOOO grateful to all the financial support we've recieved. So many steps of faith from others that I don't take for granted. Times when someone has gave, sacrificing maybe their coffee that week, or a few meals out. Times when someone said "God just would NOT leave me alone about this" and gave above and beyond. Times when someone has donated, and donated again, and donated a third time just to get us there. Even a donation that propelled us to that last bit from someone who barely knew us, but was touched by a little girl that needed a home. And someone who puts countless hours in marathons to bring orphans to their families. Thank you! From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU! She is coming home, not because of us, but because of the church that stepped up! Lets keep it up church, by saying yes to adoption, to reaching out to the lost and hurting communities, to missions, and neighbors, and love. It's all there, waiting for us.....just ask Him where he wants you.
And Lastly big news? Our Dossier was accepted, we in turn accepted their proposal, and we are OFFICIALLY matched with our little girl and awaiting a court date! The finish line is IN SIGHT. As soon as we know our travel dates we will let you know! Will you partner in praying with me for the final steps?
1. That we would recieve a court date quickly? (before christmas would be amazing, but God's timing is perfect....just soon!)
2. That our kids would be surrounded in love and comfort while their Mommy and Daddy are bringing their sister home? They have never been away from us both for so long before (about 2 weeks)
3. That we would not encounter delays in country. A possible government shutdown could create issues at the American Embassy and thus arriving home.
4. Pray for our daughter as she transitions to the radical changes she will soon experiance. That we would bond, that the language barrier would be easily sorted out, and that she would feel LOVED and at HOME as part of our family.
5. That this story, along with so many others would spark change, in the way we live, our perceptions of the world, and the mission God has for us...wherever it is!
Thank you friends! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you! We cannot wait to introduce you to the new Bradford family!
Sincerely, Dale and Carrie